FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt - Any Questions?
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2012, 5:21 am
Gary Coughlan
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by Korgi
Unhappy with Sixt!

As we are having a ski holiday over Christmas, I ordered a BMW X1 over the Christmas period back in Jun 12. Ordered X1 because of its ability to handle snowy mountain roads better.

Got to Munich airport on 22 Dec only to be told they don't have X1 available at the moment! I placed the order 6 months ago and you couldn't arrange it? The lady was very friendly but told me there is nothign they can do. Told me I could try another branch but she cannot see whether they have X1 available either.

Seeing I just got off a 10 hrs flight, was not going to run around town looking for another vehicle. Asked what other 4WD or AWD they have, she told me only the Ford Kuga or the Subaru Forrester was available. I settled for the Subaru. However, she wanted to charge me 40% more for the Subaru! Told her this is unacceptable as Subaru should be a cheaper class, Sixt messed up with my original order and now you want to charge me more! After some chat with her supervisor, best they could offer was a price +- 10% cheaper than my X1 booking.

To top it off, when I got to the vehicle, the petrol tank is not even full. Called the help line and the lady said I can go fill up now and they will refund me later. Hope they keep their word this time.

All in all, not a great experience or good start to my Christmas holiday. Is there anything I can do or anywhere I can lodge a complaint? Oh, I have a Sixt Platinum card.
I am very sorry to hear of your problem, please can you send me a private message and mention the reservation number. I will do what I can to help.

Thanks....Gary