FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Review Thread - Air India
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:29 pm
jayagopal50

Programs: miles and more
ORD-DEL-MAA and return Buisness class

returned from the above trip and here are my comments;
shared buisness lounge@ORD,OK.,Buisness class was full,seats are of the older type so middle guy has to step over.hostesses were 50+ short Aunty types who did what was expected without a smile.lunch served all at once which was unacceptable to me.food uninspiring but filling and wine selection was poor.No Name brands.
Arrival in DEL on time recheck through through security WITHOUT a lane for buisness class so stuck behind our countrymen and ladies struggling through the indifferent unhelpful security personell.
NO LOUNGE IN DELHI their main HUB!!!
aircraft change so economy class seats with center seat vacant arrived 1 hour late

Return ;smooth check in shared lounge @ MAA with snacks, past security.Delhi flight uneventful which is good, again in a SPORTS BAR Called DELHI DAREDEVILS with poor seats and loud TV.DEL- ORD flight smooth same service nothing bad or good.
Slept 12 of 15 hour flight arrived on time,

Conclusion: passengers to delhi have good deal as prices are at least 1K less than BA or LH and the same for MAA,However service is way below 9W and in my opinion BA and LH or even Ethihad which are are ALL more than 1K higher.[ORD-MAA]Transit in Delhi is put off as it reminded me of Bombay transfer although not THAT BAD.