FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Tailor?
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:16 pm
flyboy_421

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
I've been reading through this thread, and it's all a bit overwhelming. I too am getting ready for my first trip to Hong Kong, and plan to be there about a week. Getting a suit made while I'm there seems like a great idea.

I'm by no means a clothes horse, but did discover the joys of custom slacks made from good quality material at a local Houston tailor a few years ago. Really well made pants suddenly just fit perfectly, though were expensive at 500-600 per pair. My old beat up Dillard's sport coat got an uplift and a new lining and is now a bit nicer.

I emailed the Grand Hyatt and they have recommended Linda Chan, it looks like WW Chan is the upper end of the high end. and Danny's is somewhere bellow that?

For fabric I would love some advice as well. I live in Houston, travel in Texas and generally want tropical weight fabrics that can stand being punished by being put in my overstuffed carry on, folded up and put in overheads, etc. All while coming out still looking good. Oh and they should be comfortable to wear in Houston in the summer, or Kansas in the summer. I can always add an overcoat in the winter.

I would like to end up getting a 2 piece suit made, with an extra pair of pants, and a few shirts, ideally paying somewhere around $1000 US. Is that at all possible? Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thanks!
Scott