FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good Deal Premium Fares 2012
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:04 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You acknowledge the benefits you have gained from FT in less than a year. I'm sure you wouldn't like to deny to new members the sort of access to information you enoyed in your early days on FT.

I'd suggest that if anything threatens the sustainability of this thread it will be the extreme self interest that leads members to form spin off groups of cognoscenti.

Most deals are ephemeral things. They'll come and go, some more quickly than others, blogs or no blogs.
I've gained loads from FT, but even on this thread I've had my wrist slapped via PM after mentioning fares which people are keen to preserve. I can understand people deciding to keep things to themselves when faced with that kind of backlash.

Annnnnnnyway, back to the fares. EK seem to have started trying to match the QR fares I mentioned upthread. LON-MEL is £2,917 for dates until June 2013. A little higher than QR, but can include A380 travel, so worth considering.

KUL/BKK/HKG are also available from LHR for around the £1,800 mark.

Nothing to set the world on fire, but those are the best fares to KUL I've seen from EK for a while.