FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good Deal Premium Fares 2012
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:04 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Those interested better buy quick.

THE BLOGGERS JUST POSTED THE FARE

I guess making a name and the prestige is more important than the spirit of FT.

1 thing for sure, FT isn't what it used to be...
Even as someone who joined FT less than a year ago, I can't help but agree.

I've been a part of some great fares since joining FT. The best of these fares, however, are the ones that aren't openly discussed on the boards; as a result, these fares are still alive. I know people ruffle their feathers with indignation when people discuss fares in codes, or omit key information, but I genuinely think that's the reason some of these fares are still around.

The RGN fares offer a great example; people were snatching up these fares and then asking on the boards where RGN was, as one of their maps said Myanmar and another said Burma.

Someone I helped with a fare via PM returned the favour just the other day by pointing me to a very nice Asia-US-Asia premium fare, but they specifically asked me not to post on the boards until they'd finished booking their trip; an understandable concern.

I love FT, and I've benefitted from being a member; but I wonder how sustainable threads like this one are. I know that I make sure I've booked any fares I find before posting them here; and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does.