FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:29 pm
dancingal

Programs: UA Gold
The finger pointing has begun. This is what I got in response from ANA regarding my request for reimbursement for our denied checkin at the Yangon airport on 28 November. I haven’t heard back from X.de.

ANA Customer Relations The Americas profoundly regrets you were unable
to take ANA Flight NH0914 on November 28, 2012 due to a cancelled
reservation. We acknowledge this unexpected incident caused disruptions
in your travel plans.

In reviewing the reservation history for Confirmation Code XXXXX, we are
providing you with a timeline of the transactions based on Universal Time
Clock or Greenwich Mean Time.

….
[Edited for brevity, tix issued in August and then a couple schedule changes from Delta].

00:12 November 9, 2012
The original e-tickets were reissued by the travel agency to reflect the new
flights, and new ticket numbers (205 **** *** XXX and XX)were assigned.
1. Flight time – on 28 November
2. Flight time - date
3. Flight time - date

09:26 November 23, 2012
The reservation was cancelled for the tickets (205 **** *** XXX and XXX) and processed for refund by the travel agency.

Dancingal, in good faith and based on the transactions outlined above, ANA did not cancel your booking. When you came to Yangon Airport to check in for NH914 on November 28, 2012, not only your reservation was cancelled, but also your tickets already reflected a refund status. We request your understanding that ANA Yangon was unable to check-in or assist in rebooking without valid tickets.

Please kindly contact your travel agency to inquire about the cancellation and refund of your e-tickets.

Dancingal, while ANA empathizes with your situation, we are unable to provide compensation due to the events described above. We sincerely appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention and thank you very much for this opportunity to communicate with you.

Unfortunately, I think the travel agencies have a limit of liability of the ticket price, correct?

If and when I go to small claims court, can I name all the companies involved as defendants? If I have to pick one, which do I pick given the finger-pointing? Feel free to send me a PM.