FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Temper blowout at LHR T5 - screeners lying or truthful?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:30 am
stifle
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by pacer142
As a general point of UK law...

It is certainly not *permitted*, and unlike the US there is not a constitutional right to photograph on private property (which an airport is). (It is legal to photograph on public land e.g. on the street, but an airport is not a public place for those purposes).

Assuming no other law exists, which it may well do, the situation would be that as soon as you took photographs on private property having been told not to (there are almost always no-photography signs in airport screening areas) you would be trespassing, and thus reasonable force may be used to remove you from the premises as you are no longer welcome.

Neil
Quite correct. In fact, true signs or not.
Originally Posted by N830MH
Because British security is very bad and they had no aviation security experienced at all. They do not have to go to classroom. It will take approximately 40 hours training. They don't have a qualified. They never was. Security have be improved and needs more training. They didn't hassles. They have be improving the security screening and reduce wait time at checkpoint. They have to take own responsibilities, and they have find a better security. Must have a high school diploma or GED standard.
So I hear. But it isn't my experience.

Two weeks ago I went through LHR T5 south security, elite lane. There were two people in the queue ahead of me. When the queue cleared, I was invited to proceed to the X-ray belt where the clerk put out two bins for my stuff, saying nothing. When they were full, she put out a third. I finished up and she said "you obviously know what you're doing, go on through". I did not beep the metal detector, have my bags emptied, get body-scanned, nor experience anything else which I could class as negative at that checkpoint.

It happened similarly at LGW on Saturday. The person ahead of me had their carry-on pulled because one of the Christmas presents she had contained an aerosol above the permitted limit.

Mrs. stifle had an uneventful experience at LHR T1 today, excepting that her medi-alert necklace was enough to set off the metal detector and she had a quick pat-down. No bags searched or any other silliness.

It is worth keeping some context. People generally do not post if, like the majority, they have had a perfectly normal experience at security (or anywhere else) today.

People don't generally post when things are uneventful.