FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar - Is this the world's most bus obsessed airline?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:30 pm
CAlex

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Originally Posted by mecabq
I think that the OP was saying that he almost never used a bus at MAN but did so only a recent QR flight, CAlex
That was also my understanding, hence my comment. OP has no reason to complain, it's not like every time he arrived at MAN he used the Jetway, except on all QR flights. OP stated that in 14 years he used the bus 3-4 times, one of them being with QR; that number has no statistical relevance.

Bussing is "good and efficient" ?!? Wait, i need to check my calender.....yes it is actualy 2012! You must be kidding or working for QR....
There are plenty of airports where you need to walk for a long time from airplane to Lounge or Immigration. In DOH you get on the bus (with AC, never very crowded) and you are dropped exactly where you need to go. In business class it is one of the shortest transfers I experienced from airplane to transit security and then to lounge. It does not compare with the speed of a small airport that has 6 jetways, one terminal and one lounge (that's my home OTP until 18 months ago), but it is much faster than a larger airport like LHR, BKK, HKG, DXB or FRA.

I also don't work for QR, although I would for a reasonable number of QR C vouchers