FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia strike called off - OT but close enough
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by pianoamit
You would do well to learn that in a democratic, free society.
In a truly democratic, free society, all the stakeholders should have a say about the particular matter.

Thus all the affected passengers, aviation employees who rely on Iberia to fly normally, non-union staff, Iberia management, shareholders and debt holders should have a say in Union's strike vote.

If only 30% of the union member can decide 100% of the crew should go strike, 1 million passengers should be stranded, and lots of smaller and medium business to loose money due to the strike, that is not democratic or free society. The passengers' rights for travel is violated, the small business owner's rights have been f**ked thoroughly.

So, in this 7,000 union votes (let us call it as I do not have exact number) VS 2 million passengers and stakeholders really represent liberal, democratic value? Or it is actually a robbery ideology: I am not happy about the house I am living, so I am going to rob you to make you pay.