FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul - any downhill skiing nearby?
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:32 am
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nme7
There is skiing, but it is a 2 hr bus ride from Seoul. I've done this a few times and it's not that bad. However as I see you are from Canada, I think you may have better choices in Canada. Still, if you want to see where the 2018 Winter Olympics will be held, check out this place.

Just one tip if you go... if you take the shuttle bus service, be sure and secure the return ticket as soon as you arrive at the resort. I believe you just need to put your name on the list for the first bus.
If we do ski, we are not committed necessarily to go to the future Olympics site. Are there any closer sites to Seoul, then the one in the link?

We will be staying at the JW Marriott - how far is it from the bus stop, and can one go by subway to the bus stop from the JW Marriott?

A few years ago, we went to Salzburg Austria in the winter time, and skied there. It was, as you can imagine, extremely good skiing. However, you are saying that the skiing, for now, is not so good - are there tourists from North America who come to South Korea in the winter time, who would want to ski?