FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experience on JAL 787 BOS-NRT?
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:22 am
JALPak
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Pickles
I've been on JL7 and JL8 a number of times now, all in C. It is a very nice plane, but as wideman says, 13 hours in a tin can is 13 hours in a tin can.

My biggest gripe with the thing is the seats. You go through the trouble of rolling out a brand new plane with all kinds of knicknacks and then you put those moronic sloping J seats. They aren't very good at all, especially once you've tried true flat in J or in F. Also, the IFE is classic Japanese electronic junk, the kind of thing that is so counterintuitive and buggy with a miserable selection that not having it work is only a small inconvenience.

Service is very good, and the food is excellent, much better than anything AA or CX can cook up in business.

Overall, I'm more than happy to make the tradeoff when flying BOS-HKG or viceversa of connecting in NRT with JL. It is a pleasure to get off in BOS and not having to worry about crossing immigration, changing terminals, and then getting in some sh!tty domestic tin can trip from hell, be it JFK or ORD. Similarly, on the outbound, changing planes in NRT is almost a pleasure compared to changing in JFK or ORD.
Welcome back, Pickles! 787 will be retrofitted with Sky Suite in the near future. Any chance that you will leave the dAArkside and rejoin us?