FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saudia (SV) Joining Date announced: 29 May 2012
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:28 pm
UA Fan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Just want to mention that I was able to visit Saudi Arabia using the 72 hour transit visa. Getting the visa was not very complicated. Had to fill out a form and an online application that costs USD 10. Some tips:

1. The online application should be done in IE, not google chrome as I first tried.
2. I had some difficulty paying the fee. Tried several Visa cards, even my Sapphire that is verified by visa, but could not. Finally did it with my AA Citi Bronze MC.
3. Immigration proceedings for first timers are a nightmare. We stood in line for an hour and 45 minutes. They take finger and eye scans and can take almost 10 minutes per person. My relatives told me that it can take upto 3 hours. So if you are flying a domestic segment, make sure you have a sufficient buffer. Also a lot of Indians work there, so try to find a flight that reaches when there are not many flights from India. If you have a family with small children they will help you cut the line.
4. I've heard that the Washington office is more lenient than the NY office.

Last edited by UA Fan; Mar 29, 2013 at 11:46 am