FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uncomfirmed: WestJet Three-Tier Fare Structure
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:20 pm
nave888

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Seems like Westjet keeps moving more and more towards an AC-like structure and leaving behind their LCC model. Three tiers of Y fares....reminds me of Tango, Tango Plus and Latitude I wonder if this is to correspond with AC's structure to make it easier for business Pax. to pay higher fares? (ie. If I usually buy a latitude fare on AC, I'd buy a tier 1 ticket on westjet instead of the cheapest fare that I'd take today).

I wonder if westjet will change their FF program to help woo people from Aeroplan? I know for me, that's probably the main reason I fly AC. If westjet gave me lounge access, priority security/boarding and some upgrades, even to Y+, I'd consider them, instead of defaulting to AC.

I think AC should be worried. I know many people who have been loyal AC E or SE for 10 yrs + and are starting to switch over to westjet. Insane AC fares, dissappearing upgrades and constant delays/cancellations really are making westjet just that much more appealing!