FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:43 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tsmith12
I'm disappointed by this- so, whenever I travel outside U.S. and use this cc to pay for my Club Carlson hotel stay, I'll have to pay an additional 3% FTF. I think they should have waived the fee for at least hotel stays..even Priority Club Visa offers no FTF.
I don't understand your use of the word "even". It's simply that Chase it the bank that offers the Priority Club Visa, and Chase is the bank that has no FTF on any of their hotel cards (Marriott, Hyatt, and Priority Club).

Citi has the 3% or whatever FTF on their no-fee HHOnors Visa (though I think the $95/year Reserve may get rid of FTF?).

Amex has the 2% or 3% or whatever FTF on their HHonors and SPG cards.

Barclays (aka Juniper) has the 3% or whatever FTF on all their hotel cards (including Choice, Best Western, and Wyndham Rewards).

So Chase is the only bank that consistently gives no FTF on their hotel cards (at least the mainly-promoted versions of the cards).

... I'm already used to paying for overseas Hilton and SPG and Choice and Best Western and WyndhamRewards hotels with my Marriott card, because of the no FTF on the Marriott card. Club Carlson would simply be one more...