FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul
Old Dec 3, 2012, 6:30 am
rwSEA

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
We're very much on the same page here rwSEA... Only thing is that KLM would not want to give anything away for free if they initially tried to charge for it in the first place, then all Gold and then silvers would not ever want to pay for the seats and wait for them to become free. Next question is then, if 10 Golds are on the flight and only 4 seats are available, who should they go to? The passenger with highest "seniority" (i.e. had Gold for longest), ticket price or even those gathered most revenue for the company?

One thing that's for sure, and that is that no elites (or even pax without even having a FB account) should ever get these seats for free because they check in at the very last minute. It is really taking the p*ss on loyalty...

The whole concept is far fetched in my opinion, but might have said something different had I been plat... Don't know...

---------------------

I would say that EC should be free for golds at check-in at a minimum, or even better, at the time of booking. If at the time of check-in, then it should just go in the order of check-in (i.e. you check-in earlier, you get your choice of free seats.... you check-in later, they might be gone).

This is the same approach taken by United and Delta with their domestic flights. At Delta, btw, it's free at the time of booking for Gold members, and at check-in for Silvers. United is the same. Not sure why KLM is the only one treating the elites so poorly.