FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My End of Year Push to 1K (34K EQMs in 1 Month)
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:50 am
trekwars2000

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Flight #2: CLE-ORD, UA 3806, ERJ145, N13997, N/A Ch9
Scheduled: 756a-823a Actual: 756a-807a. On-Time, n/a upgrade
Flown Miles: 500 EQMs Running Total: 68559 Delta to 1K: 31441

This was an uneventful 55 minute flight. FA was efficient. I almost got an empty next to me but at the last minute a non-reving pilot sat down next to me. God I forgot how uncomfortable this plane was when you aren’t on the A side. I apparently am too tall to be able to rest my head on the rest behind it so with how tired I was I was unable to rest at all.

My next flight is the one leading to the 18 minute connection in SLC. For multiple reasons, I’m not too worried about the connection. First the block time is 3h40m on this flight and the normal flight time is ~3h5m. So barring an long taxi I should be good. Second, if the flight is late there should be more than enough options to get me to SAN prior to my 9p flight to LAX.

The ORD-SLC is on an EMB170. I have only flown this plane a handful of times but do enjoy the plane and I don’t put it in the same criteria as RJs. Disclaimer: I think I have been upgraded every time on this aircraft so I can’t speak of E or E+.

Well, off to Mickey Ds for an Egg McMuffin before this flight. In the next 7 hours I hope to be in IAH maybe providing a quick update. My layover is only 1h10m though.