FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:12 am
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
How to avoid airport taxes and concession fees at LAX - instead of inputing LAX as your rental location, use Manchester CA (QB9) on Arbor Vitae Rd - this is the same physical location as LAX, but for some reason Avis has a local location here which avoids the airport fees.
Completely confused.

I don't understand the reference to Manchester - as that sends me off to locations in/around Santa Rose, and the QB9 seems to be wrong. [ah, when you start by asking for Q9L it comes up with "Manchester-Q9L" although the initial dropdown has Los Angeles.]

When I start with "Los Angeles" what I'm seeing on my dropdown is "5740 Arbor Vitae Street, Los Angeles, CA - (Q9L).

But - here's the kicker - my pickup for LAX on 12/25 went through fine, but when I select Q9L I'm told the location is closed due to the holiday!!

I also note that the official address for LAX is 9217 Airport Blvd, which is a block or so west of 5740 Arbor Vitae St. Both show up as "Avis" on Google maps. Are these actually physically the same location?? From my experience the shuttle buses drop you at 9217 Airport Blvd., which puts you not where you'd need to be for the Arbor Vitae location.

Last edited by milepig; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:25 am