FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:07 pm
dancingal

Programs: UA Gold
I had added a 1.5 day stopover in lax and booked a flight home from there

A helpful contract agent at Yangon got me a printout of the PNR and all notes associated with it. He said it looked like the following had happened: delta had created duplicate tickets after there were schedule changes. ANA sent delta a message asking them to choose which ticket was correct by X date, 3 or so days before the departure date or the ticket would be cancelled. Delta did not respond, so the ticket was cancelled. Don't know what status= "exchanged" means. Again, this all happened with no notification to me and all the time the reservations were showing as confirmed on the airlines' websites with seat assignments.

I booked award tickets in Y home (not much availability in other classes) and am writing from the NRT lounge before the last leg after 24 hours of travel so I'm a little bleary. I have incurred mileage costs for the return ticket, plus lost hotel bookings in Tokyo and an extra night in Yangon, taxis, etc. Lost our flights home but doubt we could claim those. Plus we flew in Y.

Whom would I contact or sue for reimbursement? I suspect this would quickly become a blame game with xp blaming delta and vice versa. Do these things count under trip insurance?