FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Different Airlines – Same Routes – To Chicago with AA, BA and Hurricane Sandy
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:52 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Originally Posted by Weean
Yes you did. Unfortunately by the look of the rest of your TR karma more than rebalanced things by giving you a less than stellar journey on either leg. Sorry about that.
I'll get you next time

That's an unfortunate label to leave in the gents. It was MSP they caught Larry Craig in anyway, so I'm unconvinced it was necessary.
Well it is a FlAAgship lounge. It's meant to be the best stuff

Good to see BA saw you right in the end. Do you feel being a GCH helped? I didn't get that sense from your report. At least you were unaffected by Sandy, travel plans aside. I spent that week at a conference in Okinawa (787 TR coming soon!) with someone who spent most of her time charting Sandy's progress via facebook as it slowly blew away parts of New Jersey (where she'd left her dog with her uncle) and as the waterline raised itself towards her apartment in the East Village of NYC.
To be honest, I didn't ring the gold lines - I just rung the number that was in the txt message/email. If I had thought to ring the gold line... who knows. Maybe I would had gained 30 minutes or so... or be able to fly out on the Monday direct from ORD.

I think the Gold card helped to put me on the top of the queue to be rebooked though - I imagine if I had no cards, I'd be waiting.

I hope your friend is ok and managing to get back to normal after the floods.

Thanks Weean

Originally Posted by schofs
Great report... and I'm glad my little App could play a useful part in it
Ahh. It's a bloody useful App - as well as seat monitoring, ticket and segment monitoring too!

Thanks schofs

Originally Posted by luxury_travel
great report my fellow brummie. always enjoy trip report with photos. sometimes I do wonder if we are the only brummie on FT.

can't wait till the next one.
Ah.. There are a few of us luxury_travel, but they all like to keep in hiding I suspect.

I've just started another trip today, and my first comments are
  • Servisair has done up the BHX lounge AGAIN?
  • Swiss Cannabis Ice Tea. That ends all arguments.

Glad you enjoyed luxury_travel