FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A little Disappointed since they are supposed to be #1?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:35 pm
jbfield

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I'd say the main lounge issue is the limited space for the number of passengers using it. I've read on here that BA are due to use the OZ ICN lounge too, which will surely make things worse.

I've never used a massage chair in ICN because there's only three or four of them and they've been fully occupied whenever I've tried (sometimes with people sleeping). Access to the shower is also limited (and sometimes prohibited due to the bookings) but I have used it occasionally.

The quality of facilities are good once you access them, just getting availability in the first place.
I do think food in the lounge is quite limited but good if you've skipped breakfast/lunch/dinner and just looking for a pre-flight snack.

In terms of on-board service;
I really have found this to depend on whether you plan to stick to the script or not.
I order either a vegetarian or Asian vegetarian meal and the staff just can't handle it.
The last flight I took (ICN-LHR) the dishes came out in the wrong order and therefore went cold before I got to them. The crew couldn't understand what I was saying about the problem and went away to re-heat the items, rather than serve them heated at the right time. When it came to the main course, they just outright forgot...it wasn't until they started clearing the rest of the cabin and then came to remove my cutlery that I realised they'd forgotten, rather than it simply being delayed. Then it was rushed out in a luke-warm state. I also find they are typical of many airlines in that when it comes to deserts for vegetarians, it's always the same, ...fruit platter, merely presented as cubes, rather than slices you sometimes get when also given it as a starter (and sometimes the cheese course is also replaced with fruits too)....when there are so many other deserts that could be prepared this is rather a cop-out in my book. (The following breakfast meals on the night-flights also tend to start off with a fruit-platter too).

If I ask for a Coca-cola they will bring diet and then disappear. If I try to ask for a regular coca-cola when I next see them, they assume it's something about ice/no ice...it drives me barmey!

I've not experienced QS, but the old seats have really poor IFE with poor film selection. The last flight I took was 2x3x2 which I think is shockingly bad for C considering the middle seat.

The garlic bread is nice positive...but only during the first meal...by the time you get to the second meal of the flight it's gone dry and hard.

Overall I'd say OZ is good on the short-haul flights* of about 3 hours, but long-haul its sub-par.

*I've had some great short-haul flights, and I find the meals on them are usually the same as those served on the long-haul flights (thus about the right size for the distance) but during my last short-haul on OZ the IFE didn't work for half the flight.

Last edited by jbfield; Nov 19, 2012 at 12:44 pm