FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A little Disappointed since they are supposed to be #1?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:41 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A little Disappointed since they are supposed to be #1?

I just did my first 2 OZ flights in C. QS service from LAX then intra-Asia on the new A330-300.

Don't get me wrong. It is not bad -- and definitely better than UA overall. However, I feel somewhat disappointed because it also did not knock my socks off. I expected more because of all the top rankings.

The service is very attentative, which is what you expect for many Asian carriers - whether it is NH, CX, CI, BR or SQ. I think a lot of the desire to please the customer is just in the culture.

Food is not bad -- what you would expect with International C. Quality is not bad but quantity can be a little larger. I don't drink so I can't tell how good the wine list is.

Seating is not bad. The QS seat is good - feeling more private and a little wider than UA. The 333 slanted flat is not bad either. Both somewhat hard.

AVOD is definitely not as good as UA. It is not as user friendly and the picture quality is also not as good. I can't judge the contents.

ICN C lounge was a disappointment. - especially compared to OZ's ranking and the airport itself. It seems it can be bigger - it was crowded from maybe 7:30-9:00 AM. The food offering has variety but the quality is not so great.

Don't get me wrong. I like it and will fly OZ again. I guess it all comes down to customer expectation and sometimes it is not good when the customer expects too much.