FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deal Killing Blogs: List deals which were pulled, and the blogs which published them.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:46 am
yerffej201

Originally Posted by PresskittJon
Just shut down the interwebs. Problem solved.

I don't see any Iranian bloggers killing deals so maybe we could learn something from Mahmoud.
Oh, or shut down FT! *Ding*

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
There is also a small fraction of FTers who profit hundreds of thousands of dollars from the rest of the FTers by swiping info posted on FT and then pushing CC affiliate referral links and obvious. I don't know, such as going so far as to suggest people apply for 4 Ink CCs via his link ($800 into said bloggers pocket) and then launder $190k via those 4 new CCs to get 960k Chase UR pts per year (on the VERY page pumping those Ink Bold referral link):

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2012/...lus-cards.html

Recognize that guy? You obviously don't expect deals to stay active with advice like that for all the noobies that read your blog. No, you seem to just want the quick referral money from all the Ink CC applications, not caring if the deal lasts for FTers to enjoy. I am embarrassed by this small group of FT bloggers. That you give some of your proceeds to Wounded Warriers or whatever makes difference to me. So you are justifying killing deals to make money to give to charity? How about you don't push your newbie readers to apply for 4 CCs and aim for 960k UR pts per year, thus let the deal remain longer, and then we can decide if we want to give money to charity?

I'm mad at the bloggers BECAUSE they don't have the discretion to keep some things for themselves that obviously are unsustainable if they blog about them.

I am mad that they are ruining good deals prematurely simply to line their pockets even more via their CC affiliate links.
Then don't post on FT! See what deals the bloggers can come up with!
And to be honest, there's freedom of information here. So that's why a lot of the stuff is going via PM *hem LM Routes*

Originally Posted by nature1370
There are some points that I would like to address:
1) Most bloggers put their random offers (some low, some high offers) on their sites without stating whether or not the offer is good to apply. It seems they only care about their referral bonus. Most new readers got confused and felt bad about the offer they applied. So, readers should be aware of this kind of situation. Strongly suggest to do research on CC offers first before applying. Highly recommend to apply for available CC offers directly with banks and lenders. From web programming stand point, referral CC offers displayed from bloggers' sites have more complexity than the direct ones. Things can go wrong. So, I try to stay away their referral offers as most as possible.
2) Some bloggers did not even state where they got the deals, without creditting the original posters. I sometimes feel disgusted with this kind of behavior.
3) Bloggers are learning from community, they often write tips and tutorials on their blogs. I really appreciate this; however, they should try to give back what they learn to the community here instead of focusing posts on their blogs to attract readers and earn referral bonuses. Sometimes some others and I have stupid questions here, Mia and Flytalkers here are so useful in helping each other. From my so far experience, I have not seen this giving-back attitude from most bloggers.

This post is based from my point of view so far. I might be wrong. If I do, please correct me. My intention is not to create any fights here and thanks for reading my post.
Yes, I really hate 1 and 2. Especially 1. AAARGH!