FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deal Killing Blogs: List deals which were pulled, and the blogs which published them.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:18 am
pantanal

Programs: all
I guess I have two views about this whole debate

1) Some of the bloggers put in a lot of work and do individual thinking,making things easier and discoverable. Quite honestly, despite reading FT for years, and having flown millions of actual miles and building my own knowledge, I have benefited from some of the info on the blogs. Also, these guys put in a lot of work and time so they should get paid. It is free enterprise. Anyone who has an objection to them getting paid should start his own blog and then they can figure out "how much work is worth what"

2) On the other hand I have seen stuff on the blogs which is just clearly lifted from FT and the bloggers take credit for this and have a "holier than thou" attitude about it. This is wrong. Bottom line is that some of the bloggers add value and do individual thinking and research and they should get paid. But a lot of the bloggers are just monkeys (too many me too's popping up)who copy and paste stuff, do no original work and quite honestly just don't have the knowledge or experience to be writing about the stuff they do. I have an objection to this kind of behavior but not really sure what we can do.