FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deal Killing Blogs: List deals which were pulled, and the blogs which published them.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:47 am
aviator8

I think some are missing the OP point. IMO this isn't so much about the bloggers, and their existence, and CC referrals, or even the fact that they post deals. This is more of an issue of how it is done. Bloggers are here to stay with the good and bad. As I see this it is a matter of presentation/frequency/credit

A Lot of people are lazy. When a lucrative deal is found, not everyone will jump on it if they have to go figure out the steps and read the T&C's etc.

BUT....

If they are given the information like this:

You can get a free first class ticket to Thailand, just do this:
click this link
put your name here
hit next
check this box
and on and on

A lot more people WILL do it. There is nothing wrong with sharing, but it is how you share. Share the deal in general. Let people research the deal, and make a decision, then go figure out how to participate. It seems to me if bloggers did just this basic level of sharing instead of showing lazy people exactly how to do things then a large segment would NOT play the deal and they would last longer. The blogs would still get their readers; maybe just not as many people end up doing it though.

The other piece is the fact that bloggers post about things found on FT. Some give credit, but others do not, posting as original content. I can't control that but it bothers me when I see it being done.

The last thing is the shear frequency when a deal is found. Bloggers know this is happening, and it is competition to get people to the page, but when a deal is posted in one blog, if it is a good deal you can expect everyone out there to post, and multiple posts per blogger. Add it all up and that amounts to a lot of publicity, and top rankings in Google searches. All that is bad news for non-sustainable deals. If bloggers, boarding area comes to mind as they are a group that collaborates, could agree on some ground rules on this saturating, and cannibalization of messages to reduce that frequency, maybe some of this angst level would fade.