Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oakland, California, USA
Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silv, PC Plat Amb, Fairmont Premier
Wow, those are really wonderful photos! My wife and I will go to Peru in the first half of September. This is an excellent introduction. Thanks so much for posting this.
A few questions about your trip:
1. Given the high altitude, did you find yourselves very winded in walking around Cusco? Did the altitude limit what you felt you could do there?
2. If so, did the coca tea help much?
3. What were your favorite and least favorite places to visit in the Sacred Valley?
4. Same question for Cusco itself: favorite and least favorite?
5. That climb up to Huyana Piccu does indeed look steep! About how long would you say it took you to climb to the top? And at about what pace were you going compared to most other folks - slow, average or fast?
Thanks for any information you can provide!
Great miles think alike.