The Sacrificial Altar.

Some houses near Qenko.

Entrance to Tambomachay.

We are rather high up.

An Incan canal.

Another canal.

Tambomachay.

Day 4 - Sacred Valley of the Incas

Today would be the tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The tour would begin early in the morning (around 5AM) and go through about 7PM. The first stop on the tour was an alpaca farm out in the mountains. At the farm they showed us how the hide is weaved, cleaned and colored. Following the farm would be the Pisaq Market. The market is world famous and still practice bartering. I chose to walk around, visit the ruins and do some quick shopping. After the market, it was time for lunch. The small restaurant we visited was located in an awesome locations. It was right on the river with a huge garden in the back with wild llamas and chickens roaming around. The next and final scheduled stop on the tour was the town of Ollantaytambo. During our stop we walked up the entire ruin and were given details about what we were seeing. By this time it was about 4PM so we needed to make our way back to Cusco. Since we were making good time we decided to stop in Chincerro for another demonstation on how the alpaca fur is weaved. We finally arrived back in Cusco at around 7/8PM. We quickly had dinner and went to bed as the next day, our trek to Machu Picchu, would begin very early.

An alpaca.

Demonstrating how the hyde is colored.

And how it's weaved...

An astonishing view of the Sacred Valley.

Thought this was a necessary picture.

A street in Pisaq.

The Pisaq ruins.

The famous Pisaq Market.

The stang I bought the hats I now have at.
ChiefNWA is offline   Reply With Quote