FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I have silver membership, expires in Dec, have 450 points and need 150 more? By Dec?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:30 pm
David-A

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Geraldine Brown
tell me, if the card doesn't expire until 31st Jan 2013, then will the points I earn on my 28th Dec flight count towards my 450 which will give me the points I need to stay silver
No sorry if I confused you. While the card is valid you can enjoy some of the benefits still, but the crucial date remains the 8th December.

To retain Silver you need to fly by the 8th December at the latest.

After that you enter your next membership year, so any flights flown from the 9th onwards belong to next year. (When you start to build up again from 0).

Is there anything else I can do to stay silver?

The only way to have status is to get the tier points, the only way to get TP is to fly.

If you want the TP go on a TP run (fly cheaply just to get them). Some Club Europe routes now award 60 or 80 TP each way (previously it was 40 TP only). Or do 2x40TP CE returns. E.g. LGW-JER, LGW-AMS, etc can sometimes be cheap.

However personally I would think about whether it is worth chasing it this year, given that you have a CW trip coming up. It might make a lot more sense to do TP runs AFTER your CW trip in the next membership year.