FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wrong seat, wrong flight, wrong destination
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:22 am
DMIrishFlyer

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by Bttc
It's called alert fatigue. Consider for a moment how many times the scanner beeps. Now think about how many times it's actually a problem.

When the scanner complains 100x as often as there is a legitimate problem, the GA is going to start ignoring it.
Does the scanner complain 100x as often as there is a problem....? Not in my experience. The scanner beeps every time a BP is scanned, it makes a slightly different noise if the BP is for an exit row and an entirely different noise it their is a problem, which happens occasionally. The GA didn't ignore the entirely different noise, he just screwed up how he handled it either through apathy or something else, but most definitely no type of fatigue was involved....

Anyway, why does there have to be a conditional excuse for it?, the GA was just not doing his job. He didn't look harassed, he wasn't being rushed or there wasn't any particular drama with the flight. He just didn't take the time to do his job right. Simple.

I did almost book a flight from ATL to DXB rather than DUB once, but caught it because I noticed the times looked wrong and double checked it. It would have been called DAS (dumb ... syndrome) if I actually ended up in DXB....

Last edited by DMIrishFlyer; Oct 31, 2012 at 6:28 am