FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:20 pm
Sam The Man

Programs: AA EXP
Hi folks,

just flew CGN - TLV on AB as part of an AA ticket & itinerary from the US but as a separate leg after a 5 day stopover in Europe.

Here follows my experience as an AA EXP.

Was able to check in online by accessing my booking on the AB website using the AA Record Locator.
Was able to choose any of the available seats on the plane including the ones usually blocked at no extra charge.
Upon physically printing the Boarding Pass I received 2 copies an original and a customer copy.The original is kept by GA upon boarding.
Boarding pass had fast track security access printed on it.
Upon dropping of checked luggage at the priority check in counters the agents weren't sure if I was entitled the second free bag as their own elites.After checking all their files and calling a supervisor the verdict was, 1 bag only at 23 KG unless you're an AB elite.

CGN has no lounge just one of those designated waiting areas for elites with not much there.Was declined entry upon swiping the EXP card or scanning the BP at the unmanned access gate.

Priority boarding wasn't announced and after boarding the people needing special assistance, general boarding was announced for the back of the plane Rows 16-31.

The middle seat next to me remained empty but that might have been coincidence.

Good flight experience in general.