FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:50 am
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Latest island map

I scanned the latest version of the Island map that I took while I was out there, it is here. Note there are 50 villas in total, no unlucky villa 13 for anybody.

I have seen folks ask about which villas are best for ocean views. I can only speak to the North side of the island as I frequently swam and walked along this end. Villas 1 and 6 are FULLY exposed. Personally I would not want either, but if you want full ocean view and full exposure to the beach, these are the ones to go for. Better in my opinion are villas 2, 4, 7, 12 (we stayed in 12 in 2010), 14 and 19 (which is where we stayed this time) which have good open exposure to the ocean but are still hidden enough that you have privacy in your room. In our room 19 for example I could see clearly the ocean (and a good view, not some small oblique view) all the way from the outside shower right at the back of the villa, yet the trees gave a sense of privacy.

Next door, 18 looked terrible with virtually no way of seeing it from the beach (and hence them not seeing the beach/ocean either)