FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - a BRG on hilton
Thread: a BRG on hilton
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:46 pm
darben

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by wwwny
hilton san diego mission valley on hotels.com and expedia both show $67(free cancel) for 12/25-26 and on hilton.com shows $89. As i see there is solid reason to admit the brg. And BRG opportunities exist for most dates around christmas for this hotel.
I have tried it on sunday but then you can see what happens to me here (the last few posts)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...thread-68.html
on sunday it showed $53 and when i come back to check its rates on monday it becomes $89 and today it recovers to $67. (well so now it is so clear hilton did something against my brg)
I am just a newbie and budget traveler and do not want to argue about it again to hilton. But you experienced and having elite status with hilton may get better response from the bad brg customer service and get bonus from this brg.

btw i wrote it here because i think it is a deal for you..
One of your problems was you tried to use Kayak for your BRG at $53.00. Kayak is notorious for changing the rate first shown to a different rate. That is why I do not compare using KAYAK. Use the website if you want but if Kayak is lower than all the others you can almost bet the rate will increase when you try to book. It has happened to me dozens of times and I even informed Kayak of the problem but they never did anything about it