FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rate Wyndham Rewards
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:45 am
sargenet

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by elBulli
Wyndham explicitly DOES NOT honor their promotions. I got trapped in the 16,000 points per night for staying three nights. Not only did they not award me any bonus points, but they charged my credit card TWICE for the same stay. I find them pretty shady and unwilling to award me the points or refund the SECOND charge on my card.

Regarding the second charge, I tried to make the reservation online and it errored out with a screen that said the online registration is down and that I should call to make the reservation. I called and they confirmed they were having problems but the phone rep made the reservation. I asked if I already had a reservation and was told no.

Now I essentially paid double for three nights and didn't receive the points. They say I made two reservations.

In the future I am planning on avoiding Wyndham at all costs and am sorry I signed up for the rewards program.
Have you tried to contact the hotel directly to get credit? Sounds like you will have to dispute with the credit card company if the local hotel refuses to credit you for the duplicate stay. Because "each hotel is individually owned and operated" right?

There was just an instance someone posted about on Facebook where they booked a weekend room. Then they changed the dates of the room online to a week earlier. They even got a written confirmation with the new dates. They showed up at the hotel and the hotel told them "No...you have a room the following weekend and we can't help you...we are sold out". Did not matter that they had something in writing!!! In their hand. The hotel didn't even offer them compensation or try to find them another room. They could not find another room anywhere and had to go home!!!