FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:44 pm
msk6261

I've also posted this on the Security board but maybe I can get a clearer picture from fellow MileagePlus'ians.

I guess I don't understand this program at all!

Both my spouse and I have GE and have been approved for Pre-check. We have all our numbers registered with all the airlines and have Gold status with UA . We fly out of SFO (where pre-check is not even on the radar) but we were finally in an airport where it is offered (EWR).

I will add that we were on the inbound leg of an international, multi-stop itinerary. We were already through customs and immigration and needed to go back through security to head to SFO but we were denied. No explanation.....just a shrug of the agent's shoulders.

If this is a TSA/government endorsed program to which we have chosen to apply, relinquish some semblance of privacy and pay the fee for the privilege of being interviewed and scrutinized before being approved, why is it up to UA to say whether or when we can take advantage of it???

What am I missing???