FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Behind the Scenes at London City Airport
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:23 am
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Behind the Scenes at London City Airport

Behind the Scenes at London City Airport

Welcome to a special GhettoIFE Trip Report where I don't actually leave the country, but I DO go to an airport... and get beyond security without a boarding pass.

When we go to an airport, most of us see the front line things - the terminal, the check in desks, security, the apron, luggage belts and passport control.

But what goes on behind the scenes? Why is it that you've got a wait sometimes before you get a gate? Why is it there is a fire crew... with a boat? What goes on before the runway lights are switched on first thing in the morning?

Well, I'm taking you behind the scenes in a very special "Behind the Scenes" tour.

London City Airport reached out to BoardingArea who in turn reached out to Miles from Blighty and myself at GhettoIFE.

Miles from Blighty went one day, I chose another due to operational considerations at my office.

This is a multi-chaptered report, covering travel, hotel and the visit to the airport, covering lots of different sides of the operation and I hope it brings a bit more insight to life at an airport - and the considerations that go so when you get to the airport and get to your gate, you depart on time, and when you land, you arrive on-time and at the right gate.

Disclosure: London City Airport kindly supplied a hotel room at aLoft ExCeL to me to assist in this visit. Some details and factual information has been provided by London City Airport Corporate Communications Department.

All opinions expressed within this trip are my own, represent my own personal thoughts and my observations during the visit.

Last edited by Kevincm; Oct 19, 2012 at 10:22 am