FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:58 am
sargenet

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
it IS still targeted!!!

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Wyndham about this. They confirmed to me that the only people who will get the 16K are those that were targeted for this promotion via email or mailer.

I was told that those people who were targeted have their account coded as such. Those targeted people must then use the link to book their stays in order to get these bonus points.

The rep I spoke to worked with her supervisor. She said they are not sure why the bloggers posted the www.wyndhamrewards.com/bonus16 web page for this promotion because it is not open to anyone booking this link.

They basically said if you book through this link and were NOT targeted you still won't get these points. It is NOT OPEN to everyone.

The reason I called is because my husband and I both have a Wyndham account but I did not get the original email. I was going to book some rooms in my name. The rep checked my account and said if I were to go through that website I still wouldn't get the 16K because I was not targeted on my account.

I realize the terms and conditions on the webpage to not clarify this. But the rep said they did not advertise this promotion to everyone (nor did they advertise this web page) and the bloggers posting this link are doing a grave injustice to their readers because these people won't get the 16K if they were not targeted....

That was what I was told! I would be real careful with this one!~