FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lonely Planet: Top Tourist Hot Spots Worth The Crowds
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:03 pm
worldiswide

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I've been to 8 of the 10 and am planning to visit the 9th vic falls next month

The only one I haven't been to is Uluru. I've been to Australia many times and the price and captive touristy nature of visiting Uluru have put off my visiting. The last time we left Australia we had a beautiful view of the rock from the plane windows and it worked for me.

That said. I saw macchu picchu in the 70's when there was nothing else there and you couldn't stay overnight so i probably wouldn't recognize it today and I treasure that experience

Angkor Wat we saw just before the new airport and hotel building boom and it was awesome.

The pyramids 30 years ago. Filthy then and not kept up well. I can't imagine how much worse the city is today Not withstanding political trouble

I don't think you can compare city monuments to the three mentioned here in terms of crowds. Yes the Eiffel tower is crowded but even the most seasoned traveler has to enjoy the light show at night and pinch themselves and say here I am

Agra. Crowded need anymore be said.

It's harder and harder to find something truly unique that hasnt imported KFC McDonald's or Starbucks.