FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:33 pm
UASPG

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Le Meridien Bora Bora vs. IC Thalasso Bora Bora

Being a Platinum, helped by an Ambassador (BTW, all Starwood employees, that I talked to, call Platinum members with 100 nights "Ambassador", although it was not intended to be that way - but it was expected as no name was given for that category) try to choose Starwood hotels whenever I can, but at Bora Bora, we go to the IC Thalasso.

For this stay, we had to stay an additional night on the island, before the period booked at the Thalasso, and this last one was fully booked for that additional night, so we stayed at the neighboring hotel, LM Bora Bora, which we had seen so many times, being so close to our favorite hotel.

We were very well welcomed (as a Platinum or because our Ambassador had done a good job, announcing us?) and did not have to wait long to be set in our OWB. We had booked the lowest rate and got an end of the jetty bungalow.

The inside was much better than we had expected and was very set for this smaller villa than the ones at the next door hotel. The floor has a large glass that allows you to see the fishes under your villa, while the window is only set on a coffee table at the Thalasso.

Several gifts were waiting for us inside our bungalow (better gifts than at the more expensive Thalasso).

We had chosen the breakfast instead of the 500 points (I am used to get both at the various Starwood properties that I often stay at in S.E. Asia) and it was a fairly good buffet. Of course, no complimentary breakfast at the IC.

The other buffet, that we went to, was for the dinner: "Buffet du pecheur avec show polynesien" (Seafood with Polynesian show).
The quality of the dishes was overall clearly lower than at the Thalasso, but still acceptable.

The hotel is much less expensive than the one next door, but the Thalasso with its large villas and bleached wood has a more magic and relaxing feeling to it.

If you have a reduced budget, Le Meridien is a great choice and if you are Platinum, the deal is even better with the breakfast and free internet in the rooms.