FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2012)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:56 pm
shawntobi

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
IC Kuala Lumpur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

What level are you?Royal Ambassador

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you get?Booked a club room, upgraded to an Ambassador Suite.... 2 Level upgrade They did the upgrade about 2 weeks after booking about 2 weeks prior to arrival.(I like this) I could see the tops of the Towers from my room.

How are the rooms?
Good, although they are a little dated, they are in very good condition and HUGE. THe King bed is enormous

How is the exec. lounge?
Nice, and almost empty. Guiness, and two other beers, full liquor and reasonable wine. No Sav blanc....

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
Breakfast at the club or downstairs was given. Met by Host, who was bending over backwards to make sure RA's were happy. I would say they are making a good effort to improve.

BAD
Nothing major, this hotel is a work in progress and will remain on my list.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Good, but you must book the correct category to get club. Aka spend 10 more US and you will be in club. They do follow the 2 upgrade level policy

Would you return?
Yes, especially if I need a Huge room...