FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:00 pm
parvez

Programs: AA EXP/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum/Hertz Pres. Circle/Avis Grand Wizard/Wife's Favorite Husband
Originally Posted by FrAAmer
....but you would need to take out a loan for a cab from Liberty Station to/from the zoo.

Have you ever used a cab in San Diego? If I were you I would look at some of the 35% off deals Hertz is offering through AA with 4 x bonus on AAdvantage miles. It will cost you at least one day's car rental for a cab to/from the zoo and or Sea World, let alone wait time from calling one. BTW I used taxifarefinder to estimate a cab from Liberty Station to the Zoo. Over $100 each way.
I second that. Take a rental car. I got a car with AVIS for two days for $69 total (taxes and all). Added to that $9/day rental car insurance through third party Allianz and grand total is $87. Booked it through AA.com

With your Taxi rides to the zoo, and SeaWorld you'll get up to that amount any way.