FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ongoing Quarterly Promotion Rumor and Speculation Discussion
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:53 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I have just booked my hotels for Q4. Due to this discraceful promo I will only have 3 stays with Hilton. The remaining 8 will be with Marriott. For the last 3 years I have been pretty loyal with hilton. But the decision for all London properties to opt out of Q3 made me rethink my loyalty. A quick call to Marriott rewards gave me a status match. Their q3 megabonus promo was pretty good. So i spent about 75% of my time with them. Marriott Q4 also looks good. From now on I will keep an eye on promos and choose the chain which offers me more. No more blind loyalty.
I am also going to try for a status match to Marriott. Even if they only give it to me until the end of the year with a challenge I will qualify by year end on stays and credit card spend for Platnium anyway and can enjoy the PM benefits in the meantime. I am sure Hilton is going to lose a lot of stays to the competition from their golds and diamonds with the exception of those that need the stays to requalify in Q4.