FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hollywood to Bollywood, the long way: UA/Swiss/Thai 77W/Emirates A380 F + Singapore J
Old Sep 22, 2012, 6:05 pm
amolkold

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by T3pleShot
"Hey Lucky, I think I have a competitor for your favorite SQ FA."

Zing! love it!
Hehe, all in good fun

----

So I've gotten about 10 PMs in the past couple months asking how I got access to the Lufthansa First Class Terminal since I didn't fly Lufthansa First on this trip. I thought I'd write an addendum here to help answer that:

FCT access rules say you must have a same-day Lufthansa or SWISS First Class ticket.
(A) If you are flying Lufthansa First out of Frankfurt, you're good.
(B) If you are flying Lufthansa to another LH hub (like Munich) and flying Lufthansa First out of there, you're good (as long as it's same day).
(C) If you are flying Lufthansa or SWISS to Zurich and flying SWISS First from there, you're good (as long as it's same day).
(D) If you are inbound on Lufthansa First to Frankfurt and then connecting to a Lufthansa Business flight from there (like to somewhere in Europe without First), you should have access.

The same can be said the other way around. If you are flying ZRH-FRA on LH/LX then FRA-SIN on LH F, you will get LX FCL access at ZRH.

If you do not have a Lufthansa or SWISS First ticket at all that day, you do not get access. If you are flying United First to Frankfurt, then connecting to Lufthansa Business and ending your trip, you do not have access since you do not have a Lufthansa/SWISS First segment on that day.

I accessed the FCT via (C) -- I took the 4:35pm LH flight from FRA to ZRH, then the ZRH-HKG flight on LX in F later that night.

Last edited by amolkold; Oct 14, 2012 at 3:17 am