FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WN FA just got approves to Hawaii & near-international flights
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:06 am
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
OP is knowledgeable and respected and contributes a lot. Not everyone on FT can say that. An apology is in order.

Plus "Will my CP be good on that route?" Of course, that's uppermost in my mind. too.
There is some financial logic to limiting the CP use to certain routes. The roll out of Hawaii and eventually international provides an easy opportunity for WN to modify CP T&C based on these specific new services. Whether they will or not is unknown and will remain a mystery until they tell us.

It would be financially sound but a customer service disaster. So figure 50/50 chance with current management.

Finally, when I made my attempt at learning ASL, I found the syntax and grammar of the language to be more daunting than learning the signs. particularly for complex discussions. Most people, including me at first, think that ASL is simply replacing the words with signs. It is not as that makes the signing much too complicated. We use many unnecessary words in conversation that are hindrances to ASL. If you know some of the ins and outs of ASL grammar, the posts make perfect sense.

Very basic example, and I hope the order is correct, as I have forgotten quite a bit.

If someone enters your office you might say "Have a seat in that chair, Bob." In ASL it would be "chair sit you." Object, action, person. "I am taking a trip on an airplane" becomes "airplane ride me." Gosh, I hope that is right. It has been a while.