FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can miles from frequent flyer programs from the same alliance be combined?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:35 pm
deltame

Originally Posted by joer1212
Actually, I have been a semi-avid traveler for several years now. So far, I have been to 13 countries around the world. Unfortunately, all of these international flights were in Economy Class. This is exactly why I'm so adamant about wanting to fly in Business Class (at least).
The last trip I took was to Thailand (via Hong Kong) in CX economy. I even paid an extra $100 to purchase an exit row seat (31a). The trip was nearly 16 hours long, and, let me tell you, it almost killed me. Needless to say I got virtually no sleep. It took me 3 precious days of my vacation to recover from this.
You need develop better reading skills ;-) No one was suggesting you should travel to Asia in economy class. On the other hand, a non-stop flight from NYC to Paris, for example, is only approximately 7 hrs in duration, thus more tolerable if you have to fly in coach (compared to future flights to Asia). You are also a bit over dramatic -- I've done 14+ hour non-stop flight in coach to Asia when necessary and once upon a time even spend 22+ hours en-route each way with connecting flights. If you would be traveling overseas with your parents or other elderly relatives, then I would definitely agree with business class seats for them. On that thought you should do something nice for your parents (as you live rent free), in whichever way that they might appreciate.