FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FJ/QF codeshare and lounge access?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:04 am
TachOz

Programs: QF, SQ, GA
FJ/QF codeshare and lounge access?

Hi all,

I'm flying MEL-NAN on the weekend on the QF flight number, which I believe is an Air Pacific codeshare. I'm booked and paid in business.

Having recently reached Platinum, it was my understanding that I would have access to the international first lounge, if not the business lounge when I arrive in Melbourne. However while I get into Melbourne earlier in the evening, the flight to Fiji doesn't depart until 2330. I've just read on the Qantas website that both the first and business lounges in Melbourne shut at 1730? Is this seriously the case?

The flight is advertised as a Qantas flight. As a paid business class passenger on the QF/FJ codeshare I should have access to the Qantas lounges (since there is no Air Pacific lounge), and the Qantas and Air Pacific websites both clearly state this. Has anybody else come across this lounge access issue due to the flight leaving so late, and does anybody know whether I will get any lounge access at all? Or am I just going to be stuck for hours in the departure area?

Appreciate any information...