FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Platinum Benefits at Ritz Carlton
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:59 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MrGB
http://www.marriott.com/Multimedia/P...r_Ritz_FAQ.pdf

The important points are:

NO access to the club lounge
(Does not say if you get a breakfast)
Room upgrades should be give, but NOT to club level floors or suites

Mr Marriott you are missing a trick here, what I am sure a lot of us that spend a lot of time in hotels, is the BEST room with every benefit under the sun when we take our 2 week holiday as a thank you to our family for their understanding of us being away so much.

For the record, I'm off to Dubai for my 2 week holiday (on points of course), but if I'm not treated like royalty, I'll be switching to another hotel chain next year.
You mentioned the same thing in the other thread you bumped up.

As I responded in that thread:

First, welcome to Flyertalk!

Just curious - what will you do when you switch to another hotel chain & don't get everything? You could run out of hotel chains

On a dif note, I was just at an overseas property that gets 15-25 Plats checking in daily. What will you do if one of the other Plats gets the very best everything you're expecting because they got there before you or put in a request in advance? There aren't a gazillion best rooms.

And no, RC does not give free breakfast to elites IIRC. AFAIK, you just get 1,000 points and free internet.

Cheers.