FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Hotels Near Airport other than Crowne Plaza?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
The more pertinent question is why aren't you flying HKG-ICN (3:30 flight time) rather than 3000+ miles in the wrong direction and the same again back?
And why are you posing the same question by starting a new thread that you already asked at the end of this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...ain-town.html?
to answer the first question, we are using Aeroplan award points - and it did allow us to go that way. We wanted to use SQ - even with a trek backwards, rather than a Asiana flight between HKG and ICN. We wanted to access the home base business class Silver Kris lounge (I have been to that lounge twice in the last 10 years).

I am posing a similar, but not an identical, question on the other thread.

This question on this thread is - are there any hotels considered to be airport hotels (outside the airside part of the airport) outside of the Crowne Plaza hotel (I do not believe this question has been explicitely answered to in that thread). The question on that thread is whether one can easily go (with the limited time) to a downtown hotel (over an airport hotel), taking account the timelines and transportation issues of our flights.