FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first ever mileage run - help please
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:43 am
A380 Flyer

My first ever mileage run - help please

I am planning to stay for a few days in each destination, not just flight>flight>flight etc, but I am a member of KrisFlyer, and I want to simply get as many KF miles as possible in October/November on some kind of round trip, starting and ending at LHR.

I currently have 19,980 miles with SQ, which is a pittance I know, compared to most people, but I plan to potentially triple (at least) that in the space of a few weeks in the sky.

Am I right in saying that even though I choose to fly SQ where possible, I will still earn 100% krisflyer miles with any Star Alliance partner?

I was thinking of doing LHR-SIN-SYD with SQ, and then SYD-AKL-LAX with Air New Zealand, then LAX-NRT with SQ (very cheap leg). Then, from NRT I am stuck, as I still need to visit preferrably BKK, HAN, PEK, DEL and DXB. I realise I cannot stay on Star Alliance for the whole journey, but does anyone have any help with a routing?

Maybe NRT-PEK-HAN on Air China, and HAN-BKK-DEL/DXB with Thai. Then a final couple of legs on Swiss via Zurich to get me home.

If I flew to Delhi, there is no way to get to DXB on Star Alliance?

Last edited by A380 Flyer; Sep 12, 2012 at 6:53 am