FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalker683455
Suspended

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Sigh. I have posted here before.

It appears based on the above recent posts, AC is not selling its J seats and has to renegade to flogging those empty seats with LMU at a deep discount.

AC's Executive First Lowest is 10% ($600~700) more expensive than CX and $1,000 more expensive than UA. If I don't mind BR, I save $3,000. If I don't mind the long layover in ZRH and IST, LX and TK are also $1,000 cheaper than AC. AC has the most expensive discount business class fare from YYZ to HKG.

R=0 on many flights. So even for those who do not want to play aerolotto and are willing to buy Latitude to confirm the eUpgrade at time of booking is unable to do so.

What does AC expect? For other than those who are tied to AC through corporate arrangements, I personally (as well as those who I know) cannot justify paying an extra 10% ($600~700) to fly AC instead of CX when both are offering lie-flat suite and non-stop direct service. Additionally, CX will throw in a pair of HKG-PVG, or HKG-PEK or HKG-TPE return business class tickets for free. A nice side trip.

So an extra $899 is still an extra $899 into AC's pocket. Those on T+ can wait for the leftover. They already bought the ticket and are playing aerolotto in AC's view.
I book discount J on AC only when I have a 20% off code AND there is a decent fare. But CX is sounding compelling. Have done the LX deal before too.