FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Denial and Recourse
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:24 am
johnmm

Originally Posted by dlfrflyer
OK, my Global Entry application was denied and I do not know what to do -- any and all help is greatly appreciated!

I applied and received a denial letter stating I violated CBP laws on April 4, 1976. The violation - Failure to declare merchandise. I made a shopping list - which included purchasing a pair of jeans with a brand name "Hash." My list said buy hash jeans.
Where is the failure to declare merchandise? This looks like a misunderstanding to me. Are you a flight risk due to this incident? You seem to have traveled many times without this being an incident. You probably do not have a criminal record. I do not understand CBP's concern over this. You paid for Global Entry and you should enjoy the benefits.

You have 2 ways to approach this: contact a local global entry officer at your Global Entry Enrollment Center, or write to the CBP Ombudsman. I have posted some resources on my website that you are welcome to look at. I have the link to the Enrollment Center and the address for the Ombudsman. For following up or inquiring into an appeal, I have an entry on how to do that, which includes the email address of the Ombudsman. Good luck.

<deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 17, 2017 at 2:36 pm Reason: Link to commercial blog without disclaimer