FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:57 am
Scottrick
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Max M
Seriously!!!

There was a blogger there whom I will not name that didn't apparently have anything better to post one day besides post a cookie recipe and opine about Sesame Street's parody of the song "Call Me Maybe", and then tied both to frequent travel/frequent flyer miles because of airlines serving cookies on board.

That's the last day I read this individual's Boarding Area blog.
I can't please everyone. Like others have said, it's a restaurant. You can argue that something is wrong and send it back. You will have more difficulty changing the menu. Especially if you don't complain (first I heard about this). The biggest complaint I've gotten was about the recap posts, and I actually did stop writing them for a while. I thought about how to make them better. And in the meantime, I was getting many MORE emails from people telling me they liked them. Now it seems that a lot of bloggers have started doing recaps.

I try to limit the number off "off topic" posts like the one that offended you, but I'm not the only abuser. It's just meant to be a fun break. The majority of people still like the majority of the content, and I continue to add more readers than I lose.

For blogs in general, if you don't like one post, don't read it. But if you like the rest of the content, I think one post is a poor excuse to stop reading everything else from the same blogger. I have lots of favorite restaurants where I only like one or two items on the menu.